Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Oregon's Spring Football Game



Saturday, a friend and I, will drive the three hour trip up I-5 from Medford to Eugene to watch the Oregon Duck's Spring football game. This is basically an inter squad game that ends spring football practice. My wife thinks I am craze to drive 3 hours up and 3 hours back to see an inter squad game. I pointed out to her that last weekend 95,000 fans showed up in Columbus, Ohio for Ohio State's Spring game. There should be at least 10 to 20 thousand Duck fans at this game. While in Eugene we will check out the progress on the construction of "Matt Court" the new basketball arena. May also check out the new baseball field and of course a trip to the Duck Store to see if there is anything I don't already have. I will get a hot dog or two and check out how the team is doing. At a Spring game you can concentrate on watching the various positions such as QB or running back and not worry about who is winning or the score. A football game in May.... it will have to last me through the hot days of Summer. What a great way to spend a Saturday! Go Ducks!